Joy (she/her) joined Birthways in 2023 as a Labor Support and Postpartum Doula. Joy has extensive experience with infants and children, as well as supporting mothers through labor and the postpartum period. She is passionate about coaching women through labor and supporting mothers learn to breastfeed, care for their body after birth, and build confidence in caring for their newborn.
In addition to doula work, Joy owns a licensed home daycare business. Joy is honored to be a listening ear, wealth of knowledge for new parents, and an overall support during the labor and postpartum period. Doula work brings Joy peace and happiness, as she understands the love and help needed through the journey of early parenthood.
It is my passion to help mothers feel safe, loved, and most of all to get through that tough time before and after labor. It is my passion to be there for families that need my help and to respect their home culture, doing what they need to feel safe, confident, and rested to get their body and mind back.
Training + Education
- Bachelor of Business Management
- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS/SUID/AAP Safe Sleep)
- Child Development, Health and Safety Basics
- First Aid & Infant CPR Certification
- Keeping Infants Safe
- Safe Baby, Safe Child
- Food Handler Informational and Test Prep
- Mandated Reporter
- Preventable and Unexplained Tragedies (SIDS/SUID/AAP safe sleep)
- Welcoming Each and Every Child
- Lead in Water: Protecting Illinois Children
- WisdomWay Institute First Year Specialist/Postpartum Doula Certification
- 15+ Years of Experience
- Labor Support and Postpartum Care
- Licensed Home Daycare
- Breastfeeding Support
- National criminal background check completed with no adverse information
- Birthways Reference Checks: Completed references with no adverse information and excellent feedback