Megan Trinter (She/Her)
Megan Trinter joined Birthways in 2003 and offers Labor Support and Private Education, as well as occasional Postpartum care. She has provided care to infants and older children and their families since 1999 and is a mother herself.
After graduating from Pennsylvania State University with a B.S. in Human Development and Family Studies with a concentration in Children, Youth & Family Services, Megan interned at Global Yoga and Wellness Center, coordinating programs for pregnant women and new mothers. She also coordinated and attended the Childbirth Assistant Training through the Association of Labor Assistants and Childbirth Educators.
Megan has attended births at home and at nearly every major hospital in the area. She has been to over 300 births. She has supported a wide variety of families, including those planning medicated and unmedicated births, first-time mothers and families with older siblings, single mothers, water births, and VBACs. Megan brings a deep respect for birth and laboring mothers to her support of the entire expectant family. She is also certified to support HypnoBirthing couples, following training in 2015.
As a Certified Professional Midwife, Megan also brings a deeper clinical knowledge to her work.
As a postpartum doula, she has worked with families with premature and multiple infants, new mothers in need of breastfeeding support, and has provided day and overnight care. Her academic and caregiving experiences, as well as her experiences as a mother, make her a great resource for new families.
Megan brings decades of experience, knowledge, and skill to her work as a doula.
What Clients Say
“Megan brought her great sense of humor, some lovely comfort measures, and the music! She was there for my entire induction and birth, so I really couldn’t have asked for more!”
“Generally, she gave advice to my husband about how to care for me. She massaged my back together with my husband. She helped us make decisions such as when to go to the hospital and whether to get an epidural (which I did not get). I really liked that she was informative in her advice but let us take our own decisions.”
“Megan was supportive in every regard. She rocks. We couldn’t have done it without her.”
Training + Education
- Certified Professional Midwife
- Childbirth Assistant Training (ALACE)
- Birthways Core Postpartum Doula Training: 3/03
- Postpartum Depression Workshop: 4/03
- Reiki for Childbirth Workshop: 5/03
- Infant Massage: 12/03
- Herbs in the Childbearing Year 2/04
- Infant Sleep Theories: 4/04
- Pediatric Workshop with Dr. Minkus: 8/04
- Sling/Baby-wearing Workshop: 10/04 & 10/08
- Safe Sleep Workshop: 3/05
- Chiropractic Care for Childbearing Year Workshop: 8/05
- Fussy Baby Workshop: 10/05
- Cooking for Families Workshop: 1/06
- Infant Development Workshop: 5/06
- Doula Tips of the Trade Workshop: 6/06
- Advanced Labor Support Workshop: 4/08
- Advanced Breastfeeding Workshop: 8/08
- HynpoBirthing Workshop for Doulas: 4/15
- Evidence-Based Birth: Vitamin K & Erythromycin 3/15
- Certified Professional Midwife (CPM)
- Premature babies and multiples
- Breastfeeding support
- National criminal background check completed with no adverse information
- Birthways Reference Checks: Completed references with no adverse information and excellent feedback
- Covid vaccinated