Private Education and Consultation
Private Education is always available as an option for childbirth and parenting preparation. We customize the curriculum with you and can cover topics such as :
- Stages of Labor
- Comfort Measures
- Expecting Twins / Multiples
- Breastfeeding Preparation
- Newborn Care
- Childbirth Refresher for those expecting Baby #2 or beyond
- VBAC (Vaginal Birth After Cesarean)
- Grandparent Preparation
Private Education sessions start at $75/hr and have a 2 hour minimum.
Early Pregnancy or Pre-Conception Consultation
Pregnancy brings with it many decisions:
- Who will I choose for my prenatal and delivery care?
- Can I make lifestyle changes that will reduce my risk of complications?
- Will I choose a doctor or midwife, hospital or home birth?
- Which prenatal tests should I get?
- What books are the best for me to read now?
- There seems to be so many opinions! What information is reliable?
The experts don’t agree!
An overwhelming amount of information is available on these topics, online, in hundreds of advice books, and in the form of advice from friends and family. Your doctor or midwife can help with some of these questions, but frequently, there just isn’t enough time in the appointment. Then things really get confusing when you learn that the ‘experts’ don’t agree! It is certainly overwhelming to find your way through it all to make the best choices for you and your baby.
Evidence-based, experienced providers
Our instructors are not only evidence-based perinatal educators but also experienced providers with hands-on experience in all of the major area hospitals and insight into the birth options available to you. Our educators and consultants include Certified Professional Midwives, Mindful Birthing Educators, Doulas, Integrative Health Coaches and other perinatal experts.
Private Consultation begins at $100/hour.