Noshaba Bhatti (they/she)
Noshaba is an experienced trauma-informed, healing- centered, and evidence-based fertility, birth, and postpartum doula. She has over fifteen years of experience providing trauma-informed, client-centered, queer and trans affirming direct services, advocacy, and education in various public health settings.
A Full-Spectrum Birth Worker since 2014, they provide informational, emotional, psychological, spiritual, and physical support during the entire perinatal period. They draw on both evidence-based research and traditional wisdom to support their clients.
In addition to labor support, their expertise includes teaching people the Fertility Awareness Method to create and prevent pregnancies, providing education and support for donor inseminations (ICI and IUI), help clients select care providers that align with their values, supporting people struggling with infertility and perinatal loss, providing postpartum care and lactation support, and providing education on newborn and infant care.
Noshaba is also a Certified Reiki Practitioner, Intuitive Energy Healer and a skilled Sexual and Reproductive Health Educator. They are deeply committed to reproductive justice and birth justice, and they believe in providing clients with all the information they need to make informed choices that are right for them.
Doula clients appreciate her extensive knowledge and experience, her compassionate and accessible communication style, and her ability to provide comprehensive, holistic, ongoing support, education, and guidance throughout the perinatal period. Noshaba’s approach to doula care is to meet people where they are at, centering their needs and goals, and customizing their approach to best meet their clients’ needs.
I have created a really intentional approach to getting to know my clients, their stories and narratives, as well as their relationships and families. My birth clients appreciate the way I hold space for the journey they’ve been on to get to this point and the way I center the connection they have with their partners. I am simultaneously really hands-on and melt into the rhythm of birth with my clients at the actual birth. My clients regularly share that I have a very calming presence and that they feel really informed and fully supported throughout pregnancy, labor & birth, and postpartum.
“Noshaba is so well informed in the before, during and after the birth process. They are informative and supportive. I never felt like i was alone!” Diana G.
“Noshaba is so knowledgeable, caring and supportive. She is a really good listener, she got to really know me and my partner and was supportive every step of the way. Noshaba was a huge advocate for what we wanted, asking questions of medical team to ensure that decisions were consensual and they had space to make choices one step at a time. Noshaba’s touch is affirming and strong and why I could turn towards the pain. I was able to lean into her consistent support in such a vulnerable space.” Irina Z
Training + Education
- Certified Abortion Companion through MuMoMa (Mama Aicha)
- Certified Reiki practitioner and Reiki
- Healing for Birth Workers
- Adult/Child/Infant CPR Certified
- Trained in Acupressure for Doulas by ToLabor
- Certified Labor and Postpartum Doula through SMC Full Circle Doula Training
- Certified in Perinatal Bereavement Care through Hearthside Perinatal Bereavement Care
- Trained Peer Lactation Educator & Childbirth Educator through Midwest Maternal Child Institute
- Trained Sexual and Reproductive Health Educator through Chicago Women’s Health Center
- Trained in Aromatherapy through Aromahead Institute
- Experienced trauma-informed, healing- centered, and evidence-based fertility, birth, and postpartum doula.
- Over fifteen years of experience providing trauma-informed, client-centered, queer and trans affirming direct services, advocacy, and education in various public health settings
- National criminal background check completed with no adverse information
- Birthways Reference Checks: Completed references with no adverse information and excellent feedback