Erika is a certified Birth and Postpartum doula, very passionate about babies and families. As a birth doula, Erika provides different comfort measures, and has experience in vaginal, C-section, VBACS, and unmediated births in birth centers and hospitals.
Welcoming a new baby to your family can be overwhelming in so many different ways. As a postpartum doula, Erika provides support in various different areas. She is knowledgeable about breastfeeding, healing, self care and caring for a new baby. She has experience in daytime care, night care and multiples.
She is a mom to a 9 year old boy. If they are not at a baseball game, soccer game or swim class then they are most likely spending time with family. Erika’s family is her biggest support system. Raising a child is not easy, this is why she does this type of work!
I had a difficult labor myself, and looking back I realize that I was not fully prepared or educated on laboring/birthing. From that experience, I knew I wanted to be the support to others that I wished I had during my labor experience. My goal is to provide my clients security, comfort and support in the most vulnerable times of their lives.
“Erika is a very good communicator, very attentive to details, able to express herself well, reliable and punctual. She is a great happy person and easy to talk to. A lot of clients would feel very comfortable with her very quickly. ” -Sherry J.
“Having Erika as my doula was like have a personal nurse assistant there all the time. It was very comforting to have Erika there postpartum – she had so much knowledge around when and how to comfort a baby, take initiative to support wherever she could in our home and provided support with our toddler, as I recovered. it was like having two moms at once.” -Jenny R.
Training + Education
- Postpartum Doula Workshop
- Intro to Childbirth for Doulas
- Birth Doula Workshop
- Breastfeeding Education for Birth Doulas
- Intercultural Communication for Birth Workers
- Difficult Births
- Introduction to Strengthening Families
- Protective Factors Framework Workshop
- Birth Doula – Vaginal, C-section, VBACS, and Unmediated Births
- Birth Center & Hospital Settings
- National criminal background check completed with no adverse information
- Birthways Reference Checks: Completed references with no adverse information and excellent feedback